We look for people who strive for excellence, are dedicated to their craft and have uncompromising integrity. If you are ready to work with an amazing team on incredibly complex challenges please send us a note – we would love to hear from you.
Current Open Positions
Security Intelligence Analyst
In our business, you are only as good as your people. Each member of the Banyan team brings a unique perspective from diverse global experiences to better serve our clients. We pride ourselves on our adaptability, our capacity to thrive in uncertainty and our passion for solving complex problems. We share a commitment to provide unparalleled analysis and flawless execution for every client. We look for people who strive for excellence, are dedicated to their craft and have uncompromising integrity.
Banyan is seeking a highly motivated new team member to serve as a security intelligence analyst in our Houston, Texas office. We want team members who are hungry for new challenges, excited to take on responsibility, and willing to put in the work to help Banyan support our demanding client base. Our analysts have mentorship opportunities with Banyan’s experienced cadre of analysts, investigators and operations specialists who have served in a variety of government intelligence and military roles, as well as chances to travel to client sites for area familiarization as appropriate. Responsibilities
The security intelligence analyst will assist the Banyan Intelligence Team in providing expert analysis and intelligence production on key issues that affect our clients’ ability to travel and do business safely overseas, particularly in Latin America. The security intelligence analyst will be expected to provide insight on the full range of threats that could affect our clients’ safety while traveling and effectively tailor reporting to our clients’ specific situation. Work schedule flexibility required to provide threat reporting to our protection teams when they are traveling with clients in high risk locations. The analyst will have many opportunities to work collaboratively with everyone on the Banyan team. The environment at Banyan is fast-paced and wide-ranging, with engagement opportunities on several clients’ accounts as the analyst develops their role on the team.
- Positive attitude in the face of challenging work requirements
- Ability to support quick turnaround products
- Supportive team player who can flex into new roles as appropriate
- Creative thinker who embraces complex problem sets without clear solutions
- Demonstrated composure, courage and interpersonal savvy
- Understanding of how economic, political, security, and other issues interplay to create unique risk environments for travelers
- Ability to respond to requests for information with limited guidance and short timelines
- Demonstrated ability to perform a broad range of long-term and quick-reaction assignments using open-source intelligence analysis
- Academic or professional experience in an analytic or research role
- Flexibility to work unconventional hours for direct client support as needed
- Experience performing social media monitoring
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Intermediate Spanish required
- Experience with quantitative analysis preferred
Please submit a cover letter and resume to [email protected] for consideration.
You may also submit an optional writing sample (1-page maximum) summarizing a specific security threat and its impact on American tourists traveling to that destination. For example, how should travelers adjust their security precautions after the recent terrorist bombings in Sri Lanka?