We look for people who strive for excellence, are dedicated to their craft and have uncompromising integrity. If you are ready to work with an amazing team on incredibly complex challenges please send us a note – we would love to hear from you.
Current Open Positions
Close Protection Assistant Team Leader
In our business, you are only as good as your people. Each member of the Banyan team brings a unique perspective from diverse global experiences to better serve our clients. We pride ourselves on our adaptability, our capacity to thrive in uncertainty and our passion for solving complex problems. We share a commitment to provide unparalleled analysis and flawless execution for every client. We look for people who strive for excellence, are dedicated to their craft and have uncompromising integrity.
Banyan has an immediate opening for a Close Protection Detail Assistant Team Leader to work with our Houston-based team. Integrity demand is high. The Assistant Team Leader (ATL) should have exceptional communication skills with the ability to interact and communicate effectively with the client and with their team. The ATL will be responsible for the smooth operations of the Close Protection Detail, exercising sound leadership principles and judgement at all times. The role requires strong operational, strategic and interpersonal skills. The candidate must also have a strong customer service mentality. This is a full-time position with benefits and potential for advancement. The role is eligible for remote work, although proximity to our Houston office is preferred.
- Engage routinely with Client and staff, professionally, politely and appropriately.
- Plan and prepare team for client movements prior to departure.
- Direct and coordinate actions of assigned team during client movements.
- Timely completion and submission of team schedules for sign off by management, ensuring full coverage at all times.
- Foster team cohesion and address issues in a fair and transparent manner
- Resolve friction within the team or report it upwards for assistance.
- Ensure the performance and discipline of assigned personnel to prescribed standards and report poor performance to management.
- Conduct and assess continuous training with Close Protection Detail Team.
- Act as a first responder to any emergencies or suspicious activities.
- Report all incidents, accidents, or emergencies as required.
- Provide outstanding customer service.
- Minimum 10 years of experience in Executive Protection (may substitute with pertinent military or law enforcement experience).
- Must pass pre-employment background check and drug test.
- Must be physically fit, presentable and able to stand long hours and maintain high alertness level during multiple engagements.
- Demonstrated leadership experience.
- Exercises sound operational judgment, as well as flexibility to shifting priorities and challenges.
- Candidate must have flexible availability including holidays, nights and weekends with the ability to travel outside the U.S.
- Able to use a personal computer and have working knowledge of applications (Outlook, Word and Excel).
- Disciplined, professional, teamwork oriented.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Effective Communications Skills with Phone/Email/ Radio.
- Ability to communicate effectively in English (written and verbal).
- Ability to maintain a satisfactory attendance record.
- Adhere to a confidentiality & non-disclosure agreement.
- No limiting health conditions.
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher preferred.
- Prior military or law enforcement experience. Veterans who held military occupational specialties, Special Operations Forces, including Marine Security Guard, Military Police Officer, FAST, and combat arms related positions, are strongly desired.
- Prior training in tactical emergency medicine, defensive tactics and arresting techniques, and tactical firearms.
- Experience traveling as a singleton and as a team.
- Houston location
Job Type: Full Time
- Security: 10 years
License: (plus if you have)
- Certified Protection Professional
- Emergency Medical Technician
- Certificate of Tactical Emergency Casualty Care
Required work authorization:
- United States
Please provide cover letter, resume, references and all pertinent documentation for licenses and prior military and/or law enforcement experience (DD214 for prior military or agency contact for prior law enforcement) to [email protected] for consideration.